Elden Ring

VorkA

Yo guys. I guess some of you tried or finished the game.

So lets discuss it.

In my opinion, its kinda easy to play, way more than DS for example. Especially as you are able to summon wolves e.g. at the very beginning (Still Not knowing why i can summen or Not in open fields), which makes it a lot more easy. Still i am in the starting area,  as i am looking for each and every corner of the map (i hate Crabs btw..).

So where are you meanwhile? And whats your opinion on the mounted Fights? They kind of remind me of Assassins Creed, as well i think, if you Fall of your Mount, its like cheating to immediately get back up onto it, as the Animation gets you some time in which you are invincible. 

As well even in the starting area, the dungeons feel.. insanely repetitive. 

Greets!

To be able to compare the difficulty to Dark Souls, you must have played a Souls(Bourne) game before, and there's the catch, you played a Souls game before.

While ER is the biggest step in the series since maybe Demon's Souls to DS1, it follows the same foundation, and what you've learned in your previous SoulsBourne game you can apply here now. A new player having no history with the series will find ER significantly more difficult than you do (similar to how new people found DS3 more difficult than those that had already played the two predecessors).

That being said, the open world concept gives you plenty of opportunities to grind and level that you didnt have with the previous installments, ER can be easier than any other Souls game. It does not have to be, its up to how you approach it. I get that especially in a first playthrough you want to explore and see everything, and with that, you'll level up fairly quickly, and especially be able to level your equipment early on.

What you call repetitive dungeons aren't the dungeons, I assume you are talking about the mines/tunnels where you get upgrade equipment and the catacombs where you fight mini bosses. They are meant to be easier to allow people to equip themselves and level, as well as gain experience (aka "git gud"). They are also mostly optional and can be ignored.

The real dungeons, what the game calls legacy dungeons, are not. And here's where Souls comes back into play. The first of those is Stormveil Castle, which you can approach almost immediately after starting the game. Depending on how much grinding you do before you head in there, you might have a different opinion about the difficulty level.

To me, those Legacy Dungeons are where ER is strongest, but they are also where it's the closest to its predecessors. I know other people who enjoy exploring the vast open world, which btw is awesome in terms of level/art design (yeah, the graphics are poop, FromSoftware never was great there), and havent been to the legacy dungeons at all.

Overall ER is great, not perfect, it has its flaws, but it is on one level with the previous entries. I personally do not agree with the insane reviews, in my own list, it would take a place closely behind DS1 and DS3, but that very well might come down to individual preference, and might change over time and additional playthroughs.